Monday, February 20, 2006

We took an all night train to Bangkok, went to the hotel for a few hours, visited a local mall, and then went on another night train to North East Thailand to Grace Ministries. We arrived at 4:30 AM, Charles' building is beautiful. I was filled with the awe of the Lord, and how He worked to provide it. When we got up we had breakfast with Charles, and put the bunkbeds together. I wish I would have had a camera to capture Charles' smile when he saw the beds. Then after lunch we went to see some local homes. We stopped to watch some local fisherman - that was cool. We visited Pa, The lady who gave her widows mite to Carl when she heard Carl speak about helping the girls in Cambodia. She is in a difficult situation, she and her husband live with her brother. It sounds like they will soon have to leave their home. As we were driving and I was looking around at the homes and people, I believe I heard from the Lord. I have always been committed to Remember Nhu because it is a great work and I respect Carl very much but I was never sure if it was what the Lord had as something for us to do for the rest of our lives. As we were driving I felt the Lord say that "Remember Nhu is what I have for you" Charles did a good job putting into words what I felt . Previously I felt as though Remember Nhu is something I should do something about, but I now know that I Must do all I can to stop the use of children in the sex trade.



Bethany House -
This is the new building for the girls.














Local Thai men fish by casting large nets into the water. Then they swim in and catch the fish with the net.








The catch of the day!













This is Pa and her baby. There is joy in her face because she has Jesus in her heart.










One of the four rooms where we put together the bunk beds. How fun are the beds.








Terry having fun putting together the beds that Team B put together.







Team B after putting together the bunk beds.















girls and their new bunk beds.
















Guys at Grace Ministies

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home