Land of Smiles,
yet so much sadness
where is your joy?
Land of Smiles,
open up your eyes
Jesus is for you.
Land of Smiles,
give Him your hearts
Jesus can give you life.
Land of Smiles,
yet so much sadness
where is your joy?
We are leaving Chiang Mai by train, as I walk past the windows of the train and see the people and look at their faces, I see such sadness. They call this country "the land of smiles", yet they have no hope without Jesus. This breaks my heart to see and know this reality.
We are finally going to see the work done at Grace Ministries by the Harvey's and the staff that I have come to know and love. We have become friends with Di and Yao and look forward to seeing what their hearts love. This ministry where God is working.
We are here. There is so much life here. Life in the girls, we see their faces and see real smiles. Faces and hearts that are being changed by Christ. We have had several full days here. We put together 19 bunk beds for the girls house. The ladies helped to make lunch. This is quite a production in order to make food. Thai women do so much to prepare food. They cook on a propane stove with only two burners. (similar to what Americans would take camping but with a large propane tank) They don't have a food processor, blender, mixer, or microwave. They prepare food and it takes alot of hard work... We were so blessed by the loving care, that they took to feed us. We helped by cooking, prepping food, and Serving food, etc.
We watched the documentary about Remember Nhu... Wow! I've already seen it once but to see it again after meeting the people and seeing the places. It just touched my heart. We then heard the testimonies of the staff, about how they came to know Christ. It amazes me at how much they gave up to follow God. I was so touched to learn more about them.
Saying good-bye is so hard to do... I had to say good-bye to Di and Yao... This was so hard. I will miss them so much. What a blessing they were to Terry and I. I thank God that we had the opportunity to meet them. I pray that God will keep them in my heart. They are part of the 1% of the Christians in Thailand. They are the Hope for the nation.
Jeremiah 29:11 " For I know the plans I have for you," declares the
Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a
future."
It amazes me that God is so true to His word. He is shaping so many lives to give Thailand a hope and a future. My prayer is that God will grow the children at Asia's Hope, bring them to you, Father. Let their faith be real. Be with Acha, I pray that you would help to heal her heart of the pain she has experienced. Help her to not be bitter, but to be better. Help those at Grace Ministries to continue to grow closer to your heart.
This is my last entry. I pray that God will imprint the lives of Thailand on my heart. Help me to see them as you do.
This is my last entry. I pray that God will imprint the lives of Thailand on my heart. Help me to see them as you do.
Bethany House- girl's house
This is the kitchen at Bethany House.
Kitchen counter full of fresh fruit... In Thailand, they have the best tasting fruit.
This is the stove. They did alot of cooking here.
Di, Yao, and Gail cooking Pad Thai. The young man in the black and green is David Harvey, son of Charles.
Pad Thai
We sat on the mats to chop the food and prep the food. Alot of hard work went into the food we ate.








0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home